Pizza always gets me excited. Going out for a pizza with friends or ordering in for a movie night at home completes the picture.
So I decided to try making some at home, that too with a wheat crust. I must say it turned out really good. Apart from the great taste added advantage is one can customize toppings and store the dough in fridge for a few days.
So here’s how i did it
For the dough:
- Wheat flour ………. 1 cup
- All purpose flour … 2 cup
- dry yeast ………….. 1/4 teaspoon
- sugar ………………. 1/4 teaspoon
- salt …………………. 1 teaspoon
- warm water ………. 1 cup
- cooking oil ……….. 2 teaspoon
- mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Stir them together using a spatula just so it all comes together.
- Let it rest for a few hours, till it doubles.
- Once the tough is ready bring it it out on a well dusted surface, divide it into parts. I did four big parts.
- Taking each portion one by one, shape into a smooth ball. Stretch and tuck the dough making it smooth. Use dry flour of it gets sticky.
- Cover the dough and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- If you plan to store it, cover with a cling film and keep in the fridge.
- If you plan to cook, take a ball of the dough and roll it out into a thin disk.
- Preheat the oven for 250 degree Celsius.
- Top up the dough with toppings of your liking. Place it in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
Another variation I tried was well…. more like a lazy girl hack :p. I doubled up the pizza base and sandwiched in the pizza fillings. It turned out really good. Picture below.
Some pointers I noted
- Pizza sauce made at home is way tastier. To make it better, blanch the tomatoes first.
- A little fresh cream beaten and spread along with cheese over the toppings makes it tastier.
Hope you find this helpful and if there is a way I could make it better, do share.