We all have a few this which always feature on our To-Do list but somehow we never get around to doing it. Well… when it comes to food-n-cooking, I have seen numerous blog posts-videos and books for cheesecake’s.
Each time I decide on making it, I would fall short of some or the other ingredient 😦
Anyway, I finally managed to get all items (almost all) in place.Getting past a few failed attempts; I managed to make a perfect cheesecake. Believe me, it was yummy and gorgeous ! Totally worth the time and effort to prepare it and the wait for it to set-be ready 😀
Since it was my first attempt (and i have not learnt how to use my oven… yet.) I decided to make a No-bake cheesecake. The very first I made ended up being too creamy and without much variation in taste, in short it was not nice. So, I made a few tweaks and here I am ready to share the successful-beautiful-yummy no-bake cheesecake with chocolate-blueberries and apricot.
What we need (makes two galsses):
Marie biscuits ….4-6 large ones
- Melt the butter.
- Crush the biscuits and mix in the melted butter.
- Pat down the mix at the base of your serving glass/bowl.
- Place in the fridge to set while the filling is made.
Cream cheese ……..200g
Whipping cream ….150g and 50g
Sugar ………………..150g or to taste
coco powder ……….1 teaspoon
Mango ……………….1 medium sized
- I softened cream cheese add the whipping cream (first half) and sugar. Mix well till smooth mix is formed.
- Divide the above filling into two parts.
- To Part 1 of above mix, add a half a teaspoon of the blueberry jam made (blueberry jam below)
- To Part 2 of above mix, add the coco powder and mix
- Cut the fruits (blueberries, apricot and mango) into small pieces and place them in fridge.
Sugar ………………..3 tablespoon
- In a pan, add the sugar and heat it.
- Roughly chop the blueberries and add to the sugar and heat.
- keep stirring till it melts completely.
- Set aside to cool.
Whipping cream ….50g
- In a pan, add the whipping cream and heat it.
- Roughly chop the chocolate and add to the cream and heat.
- When cream comes to a boil, remove from heat and set aside for a while.
- Use a spoon to mix the chocolate in cream.
- Set aside to cool.
Assembling the cheesecake:
- Remove the glasses from the fridge, pour Part 1 of the cream cheese filling over the base.
- On top of this layer add the blueberry jam layer.
- Next layer is of cut fruits.
- On top of the fruits layer, add the Part 2 of cream cheese filling.
- Finally, add the chocolate layer.
- Place carefully in fridge and allow to cool for about 3-4 hours at least.
- Add each layer gradually, without disturbing the previous layer.
- Place in fridge till it sets completely, at least 3-4 hours.
- What I realized is, anything added to the mix tastes well. Any flavoring any fruit available at hand.
- My previous attempts failed because the cream part over-powered all other flavors.
Final note, cheese cake turned out as tasty as I had imagines it to be. I am pumped to experiment more with it, so stay tuned ! 🙂